National Central University (NCU) was founded in 1915 as National Nanking Higher Normal School in Mainland China, and finally, with quite a few dramatic changes, re-located in Chung-Li, Taiwan in 1968. Department of Civil Engineering was also re-founded in 1971. The department offered Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in the beginning, Master of Science (M.S.) degrees later in 1981, and the Ph.D. program started in 1985. Furthermore, the continuing education program was founded in 1999. This program offers the professional education to people who already have full-time jobs in the related fields and plan to expand their knowledge.